I finally got a chance to work on my new room box this weekend. Yesterday I created the brick wall, using foam and textured modelling paste. I also used some modelling paste to give the other wall a plastered texture. Then today I went out and bought some paint and painted both walls.
I'm really happy with how the two textures came out.
I was expecting to find a range of small paint samples at my local hardware store but in fact they only had one - 2015's colour of the year - which happened to share a name with my home town, so I took it as a sign. I think I like it! I just hope it goes well with the wood stain I got for the floor.
Next I need to make a window frame and stain it. Then I can finally put in the stained glass window, which is something I've been looking forward to! Then I'll work on the flooring - I'm hoping to create a raised, carpeted area for the bed and stained wooden floor for the rest of the room.
| TOP |